Thursday, July 16, 2009

Horse Race or Death Match

...those of you who know me know that I have a dislike for Microsoft for good reason. I don't hate them because they're giant and successful. I think it's fine for a company to achieve that. What matters is HOW.

If a company achieves dominance through innovation, responsible marketing, progressive business practices, and a customer-centered corporate strategy, I love 'em to death. (That would be Google.)

When they achieve dominance through predatory marketing and corporate acquisition practices, reducing and eliminating consumer alternatives, and through underhanded and vicious business and legal practices, well I may love their software, but I'm looking for another choice. (I think we know who this is -- I don't say the name lest they "cut off my air supply.")

This article at CNN sums up the battle, and why I like this author is that he's smart. (In other words, he agrees with me.)

Check it out!

---v

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reduce to Dashboard

When developers use DataWeave, they often come to rely on the reduce() function to fill in any gaps left by the standard Core library. Altho...