Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Managing Twitter Follows

...I couldn't say "tweeps" in my subject line. I tried, but I just couldn't.

So maintaining an active Twitter presence is not for the faint of heart or the capricious. It takes time and active engagement to get the benefit of this social media platform.

And after a while, some folks simply decide that there's nothing in it for them and stop participating -- they mostly even stop reading.

That's just fine, but when you reach the upper limit for the number of folks you can follow, you may decide that you wish to stop following folks who are not participating.

A great tool for doing this is Untweep. (http://untweeps.com/)  This tool gives you a way to look up the people in your Twitter stream who have not updated in over 30 days (by default).

I personally use it to create a list of folks who have not updated in over 120 days and then go through with a knife to carve them from my roster.  This gives me room to follow new people who are actively engaged and contributing to the stream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reduce to Dashboard

When developers use DataWeave, they often come to rely on the reduce() function to fill in any gaps left by the standard Core library. Altho...